Oxbow Essentials Young Guinea Pig Food
Oxbow Essentials Young Guinea Pig Food is formulated to meet the specific nutritional needs of young, pregnant, and nursing guinea pigs to help them thrive. This complete and balanced young guinea pig food contains Alfalfa hay to provide optimal energy and the fiber essential for healthy digestion. It also includes wholesome ingredients and vital nutrients to meet the growth, energy, pregnancy, and nursing needs of guinea pigs.
Sizes: 5 lb, 10 lb, 25 lb
- Uniform pellets prevent selective feeding
- Contains alfalfa to meet energy needs of young, pregnant, and nursing guinea pigs
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals for optimum health
- Formulated with the guidance of top veterinarians and nutritionists
Seventy percent of your guinea pig’s diet should be grass hay. Oxbow offers a variety of hand-selected, high-fiber hays to enrich the life and health of your pet.
RELATED: CLICK HERE to learn more about the variety of hand-selected, high-fiber Oxbow hays (a complete guide for new guinea pig owners).
Young guinea pigs (under six months of age) and Pregnant/Nursing: Unlimited
Feed in addition to unlimited grass hay.
Alfalfa hay may be given in small quantities.
*Please note that these are guidelines. If your guinea pig is overweight or underweight, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information.
How to transition guinea pigs to a new food?
- Week 1 – mix 3 parts current food with 1 part new food.
- Week 2 – mix 2 parts current food with 2 parts new food.
- Week 3 – mix 1 part current food with 3 parts new food.
- Week 4 – feed Essentials Young Guinea Pig food exclusively.
Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Oil, Salt, Lignin Sulfonate, Cane Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium Bentonite, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Yeast Culture, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate
- Crude Protein (min) 18.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 2.50%
- Crude Fiber (min) 18.00%
- Crude Fiber (max) 23.00%
- Moisture (max) 10.00%
- Calcium (min) 0.60%
- Calcium (max) 1.10%
- Phosphorus (min) 0.25%
- Vitamin A (min) 10,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D (min) 900 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg
- Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C) (min) 400 mg/kg