Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food
Oxbow’s Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food is formulated to meet the specific nutritional needs of adult guinea pigs and help them thrive. This complete and balanced adult guinea pig food contains Timothy hay for healthy digestion. It also includes all the wholesome ingredients and vital nutrients needed to support daily function and performance.
Sizes: 5 lb, 10 lb, 25 lb
- Uniform pellets prevent selective feeding
- High in fiber for daily digestive health
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals for optimum health
- Formulated with the guidance of top veterinarians and nutritionists
- Seventy percent of your guinea pig’s diet should be grass hay.
RELATED: CLICK HERE to learn more about the variety of hand-selected, high-fiber Oxbow hays (a complete guide for new guinea pig owners).
Mature Guinea Pigs (over 6 months)
Feed 1/8 cup pellets daily in addition to unlimited grass hay. Although Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food is an excellent complete feed for guinea pigs, unlimited access to fresh grass hay should also be provided.
Choose from the following Oxbow Hays to provide additional natural fiber:
- Western Timothy
Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food is not intended for growing, gestating or lactating animals. Feed Cavy Performance – Young Guinea Pig to guinea pigs requiring a higher level of nutrition.
Feed in addition to unlimited grass hay.
*This product is not intended for growing, active, pregnant or nursing guinea pigs. Oxbow recommends Oxbow Essentials Young Guinea Pig Food during these stages of life.
Please note that these are guidelines. If your guinea pig is overweight or underweight, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information.
How to transition my guinea pig to a new food?
- Week 1 – mix 3 parts current food with 1 part new food.
- Week 2 – mix 2 parts current food with 2 parts new food.
- Week 3 – mix 1 part current food with 3 parts new food.
- Week four- feed Essentials Adult Guinea Pig food exclusively.
Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Meal, Cane Molasses, Wheat Middlings, Sodium Bentonite, Soybean Oil, Salt, Lignin Sulfonate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Vitamin C), Monocalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Yeast Culture, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate
- Crude Protein (min) 14.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 2.00%
- Crude Fiber (min) 25.00%
- Crude Fiber (max) 28.00%
- Moisture (max) 10.00%
- Calcium (min) 0.35%
- Calcium (max) 0.75%
- Phosphorus (min) 0.25%
- Vitamin A (min) 10,000 IU/kg
- Ascorbic Acid (Vit C.) (min) 250 mg/kg
- Vitamin D3 (min) 900 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg