Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig Food
Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig food is made from handpicked delectable, garden-inspired ingredients in order to create a young guinea pig food that even the pickiest eaters can’t resist! It is crafted with an optimal blend of Timothy and alfalfa hay that is aromatic, enticing and guaranteed to deliver complete and balanced nutrition to promote your guinea pig’s growth, energy, pregnancy and nursing needs.
Sizes: 4 lbs, 25 lbs
- No soy or wheat
- Non-GMO formula
- Features three grass hay varieties to support variety & meal enrichment
- Contains unique, high-quality garden ingredients that mimic those found in your pet’s natural foraging environment
- Enticing herbal aroma & delectable flavor guinea pigs love
Young guinea pigs (under six months of age) and Pregnant/Nursing:
- Feed in addition to unlimited grass hay.
- Alfalfa hay may be given in small quantities.
*Please note that these are guidelines. If your guinea pig is overweight or underweight, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information.
RELATED: CLICK HERE to learn more about the variety of hand-selected, high-fiber Oxbow hays (a complete guide for new guinea pig owners).
Transitioning to a New Food:
- Week 1: Mix 3 parts current food with 1 part new food.
- Week 2: Mix 2 parts current food with 2 parts new food.
- Week 3: Mix 1 part current food with 3 parts new food.
- Week 4: Feed Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig Food exclusively.
Timothy Grass, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Meal, Whole Barley, Tomato Pomace (dehydrated), Flaxseed, Whole Yellow Pea, Calcium Sulfate, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Salt, L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium Bentonite , Lignin Sulfonate, Rosemary, Thyme, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Inulin, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate
- Crude Protein (min) 18.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 2.50%
- Crude Fiber (min) 20.00%
- Crude Fiber (max) 23.00%
- Moisture (max) 10.00%
- Calcium (min) 0.60%
- Calcium (max) 1.10%
- Phosphorus (min) 0.25%
- Vitamin A (min) 10,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D3 (min) 900 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (min) 400 mg/kg